The origins of Meadowcroft Presbyterian Church go all the way back to 1939. That is when an investment broker named John Marsden saw the need for a Bible-teaching Sunday School for the children in Concordville, Pennsylvania, and decided to start one himself. As these classes for children grew, the church eventually added a Bible study for the parents. From its beginning, Meadowcroft has always had a vision for teaching and discipling people in the Word of God.
Another constant in the history of the church has been movement and change. The Sunday School and Bible study met in a wide variety of locations (including homes, a borrowed church, a barn, and even an ice cream stand) until 1949, when the church was able to finally purchase the old Concord School Building #1 at Baltimore Pike and Route 322. In 1960 a plot of ground on Cheyney Road was given to the church just north of Baltimore Pike, and the church building was built on that site. Covenant Presbyterian Church (as it was called then) purchased the 11-acre Meadowcroft Farm on Westtown Road in 2002, near Cheyney University and Westtown School. The large barn on the property has been renovated into a worship facility.
In 1949, the congregation organized as a church known as Hope Chapel, but it then became the Bible Presbyterian Church of Concordville in 1951. After the move to Cheyney Road in Glen Mills, the church changed its name to Covenant Presbyterian Church of Concord. As its parent denomination went through mergers with other denominations, Covenant first became part of the Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod in 1964, and finally the Presbyterian Church in America in 1982.
In October of 2004, the church changed its name to Meadowcroft Presbyterian church to reflect the new property purchased - Meadowcroft Farm. We moved into our current facilities in February, 2010.